The Mecum Gone Farmin’ Iowa Premier in Davenport, Iowa, this past weekend was host to 287 tractors, of which 234 sold for an 82 percent sell-through rate and $2,073,653 in total sales.
Top sales included a 1959 John Deere 730 LPG Hi-Crop (Lot S40) from the LPG Collection that sold for $68,500. As one of only 28 produced, the tractor had been housed in a John Deere Museum and presented in excellent condition with its original and correct three point. The second-highest seller was a 1974 John Deere 6030 (Lot S48) that hammered at $44,000. Fresh from a complete restoration which included an engine overhaul and new tires, the tractor also featured custom fenders, an air ride seat, PTO and roll bar and canopy. Overall, the top sales were dominated by Deeres with only the number 10 spot bucking the trend with an Allis Chalmers D21 Series II (Lot F82) from the AJ Spiegel Collection that hammered at $25,000.
The complete top 10 sales list includes (all sales reflect hammer prices):
1. 1959 John Deere 730 LPG Hi-Crop (Lot S40) at $68,500
2. 1974 John Deere 6030 (Lot S48) at $44,000
3. 1983 John Deere 4050 (Lot S29) at $42,500
4. 1975 John Deere 6030 (Lot F49) at $32,500
5. 1957 John Deere 620 LPG Standard (Lot S43) at $32,000
6. John Deere 730 LP Standard (Lot S45) at $30,000
7. 1972 John Deere 3020 (Lot S57) at $27,500
8. John Deere 720 Diesel Standard (Lot S44) at $27,500
9. 1959 John Deere 530 LPG (Lot S41) at $27,000
10. Allis Chalmers D21 Series II (Lot F82) at $25,000
For access to complete auction results and other member benefits, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum. The entire Gone Farmin’ Auction was filmed by RFD TV and will be broken into several original episodes which will broadcast every Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. and Saturday at 10:30 a.m. (all times central). Mecum’s next vintage tractor auction will be April 10-11, 2015 when the Gone Farmin’ team returns to the Mississippi Valley Fair Center in Davenport, Iowa, for the Spring Classic Auction. For more information or to consign a tractor visit Mecum, or call (262) 275-5050 to speak directly with a Mecum representative.