The round, four-story Wickfield Sales Pavilion near Cantril was built in 1918 by F.F. Silver as a sales pavilion and rooming house. Built of hollow tile, the barn measures 52 feet in diameter. The first floor held a sale ring with bleacher seating for 700. Farm employees lived on the third floor. Overnight guests were housed in second and third floor rooms, and the third floor included a large open space often used as a party room. The kitchen, dining room and pantry were in the basement. The barn is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
Photo by Teri McManus