Jim’s oldest corn planters, patented in the 1850s and 1860s. Second from left: a salesman’s sample; second from right, the actual production model.
Patented in 1867, this planter features quality workmanship (the seed chamber appears to have been turned with a lathe) and a leaded glass area at the bottom left allowing the farmer to monitor seed drop.
Close up showing the leaded glass area.
Original inscription showing patent dates and directions for the Improved Monitor planter.