This restored 1948 HL Payloader was used for more than 40 years to load sand from a southwestern Connecticut pit where it once moved 1,400 cubic yards in a 10-hour day. Originally Hough Buff, the machine was repainted red. Interestingly, the machine is powered with an International Harvester U-9 power unit mounted over an Oliver 35 Industrial transaxle. Note also the hydraulic bucket control. Robert Drenckhahn, Cos Cob, Conn., owns this beauty.