A Horse-Drawn Cultivator Collection That Works

Vintage horse-drawn cultivators see active duty in the cornfield.

Emerson Cultivator
John H. Manny was the founder of the company that produced this Emerson cultivator. He joined forces with Ralph Emerson in 1854 in order to finance expansion of J.H. Manny & Co. After Manny’s death in 1856, the company name was changed to Talcott, Emerson & Co. In 1909, the company was renamed Emerson-Brantingham.
Photo by Loretta Sorensen