Family of tobacco farmers' collection reflects long heritage
Two chewing tobacco plug cutters. At front, Schwabacher Bros. & Co., Seattle, Wash.; at back, a STAR cutter (with "Save the Tags" cast into the handle.) The STAR was patented by Enterprise Mfg. Co. Jan. 1, 1885, in Philadelphia.
A cigar mold from the collection of Jesse and Mary Pepper, Weston, Mo. Weston is the only tobacco market west of the Mississippi.
Promotional pieces and packaging for various tobacco products.
Early snuff cans.
A display in the Peppers' museum of tobacco collectibles. Displayed against a tobacco basket are various tools used in planting and harvest, a "hand" of tobacco and a doll made of tobacco. One of the tools in the Peppers' collection, a tobacco knife, dates to the 1840s and features a horn handle.