2006 Tri-State Gas Engine and Tractor Association Reunion puts spotlight on rare and unusual tractors.
A 1907 IHC 20 hp friction-drive tractor owned by Glen Wickham, Upper Sandusky, Ohio. The tractor was built by the Ohio Tractor Mfg. Co., Upper Sandusky, for the International Harvester Co., Chicago.
A 1917 IHC 30-60 Titan owned by Wendel Kelch, Bethel, Ohio. During a four-year span beginning in 1913, IHC made the transition from evaporative cooling to a radiator system.
A fine example of a homemade tractor, this 1917 Buick-turned-tractor is owned by Richard Ennis, Elwood, Ind.
A swarm of Bs owned by Ken Perrin, Princeton, Ill. Huber Mfg. Co. color-coded these tractors according to year of manufacture. The gray tractor was produced in 1938; green, 1937; red, 1941-42.
A 1920 Indiana tractor with an Oliver no. 61 mounted plow, both owned by Dwain Michael, Bryant, Ind.
A 1938 Minneapolis-Moline UDLX owned by Don Wolf, Ft. Wayne, Ind. About 135 of these tractors were sold; few survive today.
A 1927 Minneapolis Model A 17-30 tractor manufactured by the Minneapolis Threshing Machine Co., and owned by David Pyle, Kokomo, Ind. Note the idler pulley on the right front wheel, used to prevent belt damage.
A 1913 Rumely GasPull owned by Kent Kaster. Produced in small numbers, the GasPull is a rare tractor today.
A 1934 Toro golf course tractor/truck owned by Don Wolf, Ft. Wayne, Ind. The unit is built on a Ford Model A chassis.
The Boss: a 1923 Russell 20-40 gas tractor.
Russell’s logo featured a fierce bull, aptly nicknamed “The Boss.”