An 1876 Howard 8 nhp plowing engine (no. 110) for use with the double-engine system. The rope drum is mounted vertically at the back and the cable is run under the boiler, around a pulley mounted there and then out to the implement. This engine was bought in the 1920s by Henry Ford for his museum. It was later bought back from the museum, returned to England and restored to full working order.
Photo courtesy U.K. Steam Plough Club archives