Opposite page: A scenic view of the mill, which is right on the Erie Canal at Lock 44.
Right: Mules Molly and Sally pulling the Volunteer, a restored canal boat.
Below: The mill machine shop has an overhead line shaft that goes to the back of the shop and is belted to the Star engine.
Top and above: The 1890 Erie 60 HP steam engine.
Right: The circa 1885 Star 5 HP vertical steam engine.
Clockwise from top: The gear drives from the 160 HP turbine. The large gear is hooked to the shaft going down to the turbine; the Barns drill press, with a 25-inch throat, made in the late 1800s; the old generator and control panel, used from 1900-1917; the Monarch lathe, made in 1906.