Henry Ford’s Revolutionary Farm Tractor

Ford’s passion to mechanize farming paid off in revolutionary farm tractor

A 1917 Fordson with ladder-side radiator and six-spoke rear wheels
A 1917 Fordson with ladder-side radiator and six-spoke rear wheels at the Heidrick Ag Museum in Woodland, Calif. The black box on the left side of the engine contains the trembler coil ignition identical to that used on Model T Ford cars. The gray, box-like affair behind the coil box was the water washer air cleaner that the Fordson used until 1937.
Photo by Sam Moore