Modified Ford 8N (Re)Built for Speed
(Page 3 of 3)
I took the Ford to Prairie Village last year for the Ford show there. I was just as proud towing it up there as I was when I was a kid. I so wanted to rev it up and open those pipes and let it roar, but Dad has the Ford tractor specially treated in a chemical trance for now. After a long day, I think back and would love to be sitting in the middle of the pickup, when my biggest worry was picking up all those tear-offs and making chains from beer tabs I found under the bleachers
Norstrom Special Specs
• 1968 Ford Mustang GT 390 bored 0.060 to 401c.i.
• 12:1 compression
• Radical hydraulic camshaft
• Brass valve guides
• Notched pistons
• Balanced engine
• Aluminum flywheel, light weight pressure plate
• Dual float 550 Holly carburetor
• 450-plus hp at 8,000 rpm with 5.55 gears will scare the dickens out of even the best driver in a little over a city block.
• Tach set for 8,000 rpm redline
• Stock 4-speed Ford transmission with a Sherman 2-speed OD
• A rubber strap holds it in 4th overdrive when going all out
• Approximately 5.55:1 ratio, stock Ford
• Every part painted black is homemade
• Snowmobile chrome shocks
• Fiberglass racing seat from the 1970s
• Racing steering wheel features Art’s wife’s ¼-cup measuring cup in the center
• Farm wagon wheel front rims
• F-20 radiator FC
For more information: Yvette VanDerBrink, who did some racing of her own with Enduros at area tracks, is the owner of VanDerBrink Auctions. Contact her at (605) 201-7005.
Art Nordstrom was inducted into Huset’s Hall of Fame in 2010 for his work with the Street Stock Class and racing and promotion of racing in the Midwest. The Nordstrom kids had the tractor retrieved from the shed and surprised their Dad with it at the racetrack. Watch video of Art Nordstrom's Ford conversion at www.FarmCollector.com/art-nordstrom.
Page: << Previous 1
| 3 |