Letters to the Editor

Bale counter by Case?

| February 2008

  • SurgeElectric.jpg

  • Balecounter.jpg

  • SurgeElectric.jpg
  • Balecounter.jpg

I have never seen one of these objects, I was told it came from a hay baler and was used to count bales of hay. Is this true? The unit reads, "76, CW, Hundreds, Tens, Units, JI Case - T M Co." I would also assume the "T M" stands for "tractor manufacturer."

The third photo is a Surge Electric fence shocker. It's a Model AC and operates on 120 volts. Under the glass cover is a small, medium base lamp with special filaments. The filament looks something like a cone. I have been told that these units are still being used today. I am looking for a replacement lamp and maybe someone can tell me where I can find one. The tag states that the unit was made by the Babson (?) Bros. Co., Chicago, Ill. I would guess this unit was made in the early 1950s.

- Frank Kuehl
724 Congress St.
Neenah, WI 54956


Farm Collector April 16Farm Collector is a monthly magazine focusing on antique tractors and all kinds of antique farm equipment. If it's old and from the farm, we're interested in it!

Save Even More Money with our SQUARE-DEAL Plan!

Pay now with a credit card and take advantage of our SQUARE-DEAL automatic renewal savings plan. You'll get 12 issues of Farm Collector for only $24.95 (USA only).

Or, Bill Me Later and send me one year of Farm Collector for just $29.95.

Facebook Pinterest YouTube