Farm Collector

Letters to the Editor

I have never seen one of these objects, I was told it came from
a hay baler and was used to count bales of hay. Is this true? The
unit reads, “76, CW, Hundreds, Tens, Units, JI Case – T M Co.” I
would also assume the “T M” stands for “tractor manufacturer.”

The third photo is a Surge Electric fence shocker. It’s a Model
AC and operates on 120 volts. Under the glass cover is a small,
medium base lamp with special filaments. The filament looks
something like a cone. I have been told that these units are still
being used today. I am looking for a replacement lamp and maybe
someone can tell me where I can find one. The tag states that the
unit was made by the Babson (?) Bros. Co., Chicago, Ill. I would
guess this unit was made in the early 1950s.

Frank Kuehl
724 Congress St.
Neenah, WI 54956

  • Published on Feb 1, 2008
© Copyright 2022. All Rights Reserved - Ogden Publications, Inc.