Looking for info on Mann grinder

Letters to the Editor

When an old farmhouse near my home was demolished and the area was cleared, the contractor found an unusual grinder. When he showed it to me, I expressed such interest that he gave me the rusted treasure.

The manufacturer’s name was F.W. Mann Co., Milford, Mass. It appears to be some sort of grinder. It is about 18 inches high, made of cast iron and has three serrated blades. Does anyone know what this might be and if there are parts available? It is missing the handle. Any info will be appreciated.

Clarence Gibbs
1745 Holly Springs Rd.
Inman, SC 29349
e-mail: gibbscvg@aol.com

Send letters to: Farm Collector, 1503 S.W. 42nd St., Topeka, KS 66609; FAX: (785) 274-4385; e-mail: editor@farmcollector.com.



Farm Collector April 16Farm Collector is a monthly magazine focusing on antique tractors and all kinds of antique farm equipment. If it's old and from the farm, we're interested in it!

Save Even More Money with our SQUARE-DEAL Plan!

Pay now with a credit card and take advantage of our SQUARE-DEAL automatic renewal savings plan. You'll get 12 issues of Farm Collector for only $29.95 (USA only).

Or, Bill Me Later and send me one year of Farm Collector for just $34.95.

Facebook Pinterest YouTube