A New Model 16 HP Wood engine. The general design of the engine remained the same, but proportion of the gearing was changed to increase the drawing capacity.
• We wish especially to call your attention to our new model sixteen-horse-power traction.
• The general design of the engine remains the same. We have changed the proportion of the gearing which increases the drawing capacity.
• The boiler is 5-16 steel, double riveted, 29 inches diameter, 36 inch firebox with 41 2 inch × 7 feet tubes.
• The rear wheels are 58 inches diameter, 16 inch face, 9-16 inch steel plates with cast hubs, malleable spokes and cleets.
• The front wheels are 42 inches diameter, 8 inch face, 1-2 inch steel plates with cast hubs and steel spokes.
• The frame of the platform is of Channel steel, secured to the boiler with cast brackets; to the channel bars are fastened the spiral springs that support the platform. The draw head passes through the frame and is provided with a compression spring on the inside which lessens the strain from a sudden jerking.
• The steel tool and coal boxes are fastened to the platform and are of ample capacity.
- Except from a S.W. Wood Engine Co. Inc., established 1866, catalog