520 W. 12th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana
The annual reunion of the Pioneer Engineers Club of Indiana was held August 5, 6, and 7, 1955, on the Lawrence Porter farm 6 miles north of Rushville, Indiana. Years before the formation of this Club the threshermen of Indiana were banded together under the time-honored name of the Brotherhood of Indiana Threshermen whom at that time were united for business instead of a hobby or for the pleasure of once again seeing and hearing the steam traction engine and large separator threshing the golden grain.
The reunion this year was by far better and more enjoyable than any before. Members and others enjoyed and were interested to smell the smoke and hot cylinder oil came from near and far to again refresh their memories of the old steamer.
More than 9,000 people were visitors to this reunion, all departed having enjoyed a day or more with the oil time steam engine.
The Hannagan Church Ladies Aid furnished the food August 5 and 6, and August 7, the ladies of the Club furnished the food.
The writer of this believes that the Ladies Aid and the ladies of the Club tried to out-do each other as both groups had the best of food and plenty of it.
The plans for the reunion next year are now being made and no doubt will be better than this year's program. There will be several new items on next years program that will be of much interest to all.
Below is a list of the large steam engines on the ground and the models shown.
John gives a list of all the machinery exhibited and the names and addresses of those who owned them. We have by necessity eliminated that part of the report because of lack of space. Maybe that would be more interesting than some other material we have but this time we are leaving it out. We hope another time to have more room. The Editor.