PIONEER ENGINEERS SHOW


| May/June 1967



18 hp. engine

Courtesy of Chas. H. Wendel, Atkins, Iowa 52206 Huber Return Flue Engine, 11471, built 1920. This fine 18 hp. engine is owned by S. A. and T. H. DeWees of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Shown here getting up steam on July 24, 1966. Chas. Vornholt of Solon is the fir

Bill Fogwell

3520 W. 12th Street Indianapolis, Indiana 46222

The Pioneers club of Indiana Inc. held their annual three day show August 5-6-7 1966 on the grounds of the Rush County conservation Club.

To say it was a good show would be saying it mildly. It was much better than we had for many years. Our equipment was in better condition, the engines were in first class shape, all repaired and a bright paint job. Separators, gas engines, gas tractors were all in good condition in all respects.

Our weather was perfect, no rain to spoil the show. Our attendance was very good. We had visitors from far away states, and also quite a few from foreign countries.

The smallest traction engine shown this year was a six horsepower Russell, and the largest was a 22 H. P. Peerless double cylinder, so there was quite a contrast.

Quite a few separators were on the grounds all ready to go.