Courtesy of Wilmer J. Eshleman, Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
This is a 50 HP Peerless, 1923, formerly owned by Titus Brubaker, Jr., of Rough & Tumble Engineers, shown at Kinzers, Pennsylvania; now owned by George Deen of near Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and operated by his grandson, Tim Dooley, this year at Williams Grove.
Wellington Kohl of Birdsboro, Pennsylvania, is the owner of a very rare Frick engine, bearing the serial number 6389. It is a 4'/2 x 7 made in 1898 and rated at 8 horsepower. It was originally a portable, but Mr. Kohl, being a first class mechanic, has transformed it into a traction. This engine can be seen in operation each year at the annual Hay creek Steam Show at Geiger town, Pennsylvania. Mr. Kohl also owns two 8a/2 x 10 Frick engines.
The year is 1913. Looking South from railroad crossing Main Street, LaMoille, Illinois. Now U.S. 34. At one time, was the old Chicago-Galesburg Road. Also the old Cannon Ball Trail before the road was paved in 1924. After the road was paved, it was first called Illinois Route 18, then finally U.S. 34. It was also a crossroad with the Peru-Grand Detour Road to where John Deere was making steel plows at Grand Detour, Illinois. LaMoille was first called Greenfield and dates back to 1836.
Holt self-propelled sheet metal harvester (1913). The company turned out its first self-propelled harvester model two years earlier.
16 HP Advance with 28' Case separator shown burning straw near Arlington Airport in 1967.
Shown at Oscar's Dreamland is the Best oil fired which was used to haul ore.
Beginning with steam traction engine N. 77, Holt removed the wheels . . . and replaced them with a pair of tracks. Each track frame was 30' high, 42' wide and 9' long. Tracks themselves were 3' x 4' wooden slats. Holt figured the tracks had as much bearing surface as wheels 75' in diameter.