This 1922 50 HP Case is owned by Robert Paul Butts, 10701 Easter day Road, Myersville, Maryland 21773. The picture was submitted by his wife, Martha, who writes, 'He shows his engine from July to October at shows in Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Virginia. He lives for this from year to year.'
Norbeck Research Steam Power Animated Educational Exhibit at the Trexler Mall, Trexler, PA in November 1988. From left to right, animated steam fire engine, Baker steam traction engine, Russell steam traction engine, and a Huber steam roller. In the background is Barbara Buss's Candy Store. The showcases were compliments of Sears & Roebuck Company, Whitehall, Pennslvania hardware department managers Mr. Haff and Mrs. Weaver, plus the kind help of four other Sears store hardware managers in Pennsylvania. The three steam traction engine models were made by Irvin's Model Shop, and Mr. Fred Fox animated the Russell steam traction engine. The author of the Encyclopedia of American Steam Traction Engines, Jack C. Norbeck, 117 Ruch St., Coplay, PA 18037, animated the steam fire engine, Baker steam traction engine and the Huber steam roller.
These three engines were part of the display at the Richland County Steam Threshers' Show last fall. Left to right: A 22-44 Minneapolis gas tractor (1924), owned by Wayne Reynolds of Fredericktown, OH; 16 HP Minneapolis steam traction engine #8125, built in 1917 and owned by Ed Maynard of Grafton, OH; 20 HP Minneapolis steam traction engine #8705, built in 1924 and owned by Jared Crow of Navarre, OH. Photo courtesy of Ed Maynard, 15788Men-nell Road, Grafton, Ohio 44044.
This picture shows the first known steam traction engine in the Niagara Peninsula. Owned and being operated by Alvin Moyer of Campden, Ontario, it is pictured on what is now known as the Fly Road, some two miles East of Campden just off the Townline Road. 1 now rent the field from which this picture would have been taken. It was said to be an 1890's 10-12 HP McOuen engine having a rotary valve mechanism. They were built by the Waterous Engine Works Co. of Brantford, Ontario.
At left, the Stnolik Brothers' Phoenix log hauler on parade at last year's Antique Acres show. For further details about their 1988 Silver Anniversary activities, see the story on page 18 inside this issue.
Pictured in front of the Smolik Brothers' 40 Reeves (left to right) are engineers Jack Fritcher, Harry Woodmansee, Ray Smolik, Charles Robinson, Lou Gomez, Richard Behrends, Dave Fuhls, Lars Brownlee, Rick Witt, Bob Fischels, Ray Fischels, Warren Bellinger, Dean Bellinger, and Randy Schwerin.