THE BI-CENTENNIAL PIONEER STEAM DAYS


| January/February 1977



110 HP Case Engine

Lehart Frederich's 110 HP Case. Standing 1.to Right, engineer Ted Knack, Mr. Frederich, the owner, and engineer Gene Rogeman. (Bud Wolf photo).

1511 Iglehart Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota 55104.

The site of this Bicentennial Steam Day's Festival was on the Lehart Frederich farm, a short distance west of the city of Lake Elmo, Minnesota.

The show is sponsored by Mr. Frederich and the Lions Club of Lake Elmo.

Lake Elmo is located a few miles east of St. Paul and is easily accessible to people from Wisconsin, the Twin City area, out-state Minnesota, and surrounding states. July 10 and 11 were the dates of the 1976 show with no sign of rain and just enough clouds to keep the sun back enough to be enjoyable for the people who came.

Activity consisted of lumber sawing of big logs by the Axley saw outfit of Eyota, Minnesota, oat threshing from a shed stacked with bundles from last year's crop and small gas engine exhibits. Adam Villieux exhibited several toy size steam engines, all running on steam piped from a 20 HP Nichols & Shepard engine in care of Bud Wolf. Also included in this exhibit was a 3 HP steam engine.

Gerald Jacobson of 2125 Cedar, Marshfield, Wisconsin, operated a buckwheat flour mill, grinding flour which he packaged and sold to buckwheat hungry spectators. A model Rumely Oil Pull built and owned by George Wilson of Rice Lake, Wisconsin, was used for power on the mill. Mr. Wilson also toured the grounds, pulling a light wagon giving rides to youngsters.