| September/October 1957

At a recent meeting at Frankfort Springs, Pennsylvania, a group of steam engine enthusiasts established an organization to be known as 'Tri-State Historical Steam Engine Association.' Fourty-two members from Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio, comprise the association roster and several more are expected to enter.

The purpose of the organization will closely follow the pattern of similar associations who are interested in the preservation and displaying of the steam traction engine and allied objects.

During the meeting, Articles of Incorporation as a non-profit association were adopted and officers were elected. They are as follows: President, Clyde H. Lightfoot, Beaver Falls, Pa.; Vice-President, Clark R. Fullerton, Burgettstown, Pa.; Secretary, Paul F. Crow, Charleroi, Pa.; and Treasurer, A. Vincent McKee, Washington, Pa. Eight additional members were chosen to complete a twelve-member Board of Directors.

Members of the newly formed association are the owners of approximately 20 engines. For their first Reunion, a threshing and sawmill event is being planned for August 22, 23, and 24, 1957, at the Hookstown Grange Fair, at their grounds on Pennsylvania route 168, two miles north of route No. 30.