Waterloo Engine


| January/February 1986



Waterloo 20-33 engine

This is a 1913 Waterloo 20-33 serial #1380. It left the Waterloo Manufacturing and Engine works plant in Waterloo, Ontario on September 11, 1913 and was purchased new by William Cober of RR #3, Listowel, Ontario.

It was a special order having a larger than usual 2' 3 ball Gardner governor and did custom threshing in the Listowel and Moorefield areas for many years.

It is equipped with the 72' contractor's rear wheels. The boiler was x-ray tested and reflued in 1979.

It won the Johnston & Holt Trophy for best restored steam engine at the 1975 Milton Steam Era Show, Ontario's largest steam and gas show. (The trophy is pictured on the exhaust pipe in front of the steam cylinder in the close-up picture).

The engine is owned by Jim, Dale and Delby Bucknall of Bucknall Farms Ltd., Campden, Ontario, Canada.