This first Best of Mother Earth News edition covers a wide range of topics, including the best articles on organic gardening, renewable energy, self-reliance, do-it-yourself projects, delicious recipes, raising livestock and so much more.
The more than 100 pages of articles capture exactly what Mother Earth News stands for. Whether you are a new reader to the magazine or a loyal subscriber, you will find helpful, interesting and intriguing articles in this premium edition. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to save money on groceries by growing a bountiful garden and raising livestock, or for those who have chosen to live completely off the grid.
- Chickens in the Garden – You can “recoop” much of the expense of raising chickens by putting their manure to work in your garden, and by enlisting your birds for organic pest control.
- Rainwater Harvesting: A Better System – Think beyond the rain barrel: This simpler, cheaper approach will help you harvest much more free water for your garden!
- Craft These Fresh, Easy Cheeses – Learn how to make fresh cheese, and get easy recipes for paneer, mascarpone, chèvre and fromage blanc.
- 65 Self-Reliance Tips That Will Save You Money – Apply a DIY approach to any facet of your life, and you can start saving big today.
- Organic Pest Control: What Works, What Doesn’t – Our nationwide reader survey reveals the best methods for managing common garden pests.
- Build an All-in-One Outdoor Oven, Stove, Grill and Smoker – For about $350, you can build Mother’s versatile and durable cooking unit.