There is no better time of year to start using your slow cooker or pressure cooker than fall and winter! Having your home fill with the aroma of soups, stews, roasts, or vegetables that have been cooking slowly for hours is a thing of comfort, especially when the weather outside is not so warm and comforting. Cappers’ Farmer put together a special guide dedicated to cooking with your slow cooker or pressure cooker. There are 79 delicious recipes to try in this 100-page guide, plus you can learn more about your pressure cooker, read how to try new and exciting recipes, and much more.
Learn how to save money on meat while still providing great meals for your family. Discover three super-easy slow cooker soup recipes so dinner awaits you when you walk in the door. Read how to make jams, preserves, and butters in your slow cooker. Cookbook author Sarah Olson provides a few dos and don’ts when it comes to utilizing your slow cooker. Understand how solar cookers offer slow cooker convenience and an alternative to preparing food with fossil fuels.
More articles include:
• A Taste of Comfort – Cook up these three hearty soups and stews for winter warmth. Vegetarian and gluten-free, these flavorful soups suit nearly any diet.
• How to Use a Pressure Cooker – The appliance may seem intimidating, but in fact, by reducing the cooking times for whole foods, the slow cooker can be almost as convenient for a busy lifestyle as a microwave oven.
• Savory Dinners Simple to Make – Use your slow cooker to create delicious meals easily, with the nifty bonus of tasty leftovers.
• Slow Cooker, Great Sweets – Add desserts to the long list of recipes that utilize your slow cooker.
• Adapting Gluten-Free Favorites to the Slow Cooker – An entry into the gluten-free cookbook world by Kimberly Mayone and Kitty Broihier includes tips to convert and modify recipes for the slow cooker.
Item Number: 8033