How to Restore Farmall Tractors is packed with hundreds of helpful step-by-step photographs, proven tips and techniques, and money-saving advice from restorers who know what works…and what doesn’t.
Author Tharran Gaines’ walks you step-by-step through the complete restoration of your red machine, from disassembly to engine rebuild, electrics, painting, and final detailing. Find detailed instructions on these and more topics:
• Troubleshooting tips and how to evaluate a tractor that runs
• Engine repair and rebuilding
• Clutch, transmission, and PTO
• Brakes and steering
• Hydraulic, electrical, fuel, and cooling system repair
• Tire, rim, and wheel removal, repair, and restoration
• Paint removal, sheet metal repair, and painting
There are even handy sections on choosing a tractor, shop setup, and parts sources. After all that hard work, get details on showing off the fruits of your labor at shows, demonstrations, games, and pulls.
Whether you favor International Harvester Farmall's iconic Letter Series, Cubs, or Number Series tractors, with Gaines’ guidance, you will be well on your way to showing off a shiny “new” classic!
Item Number: 10564