How About a Wagon Ratchet Unloader?

Put your knowledge to the test and see if you can identify this old wagon ratchet unloader.

article image
Harold Lakoduk

I am looking for information on an old wagon ratchet unloader. Back in the 1960s, my dad had one that we used to unload wagons when filling silos or picking corn. It connected to, and rotated, a shaft on the back of the wagon that in turn wound cables that were connected to the false front of the wagon. The result was that the false front was pulled to the back of the wagon and pushed the silage or corn out of the wagon.

I can’t find anything on the internet and thought maybe one of your readers may remember using one and, hopefully, a manufacturer’s name.

Harold Lakoduk via email:

Farm Collector Magazine
Farm Collector Magazine
Dedicated to the Preservation of Vintage Farm Equipment