Dynamite Fumes Nearly as Deadly as the Blast

Reader Contribution by Marv Hedberg.
article image
by Marv Hedberg

Photo by Marv Hedberg

The article on dynamite reminded me how sick I got from the fumes I inhaled as I looked down the blasted holes the day I “helped” my dad and uncle dig high-line pole holes. I was about 8 years old and we used half a stick of dynamite and electric caps set off with a flashlight battery and long wires. This photo shows a set of dynamite fuse pliers and poke stick I have from my dad’s work for the REA.

Marv Hedberg, Rush City, Minnesota

Farm Collector Magazine
Farm Collector Magazine
Dedicated to the Preservation of Vintage Farm Equipment