MILFORD REES PASSES

By Staff
article image
This picture of Milford was taken just a few minutes before he left the Mt. Pleasant Reunion in 1962. It was the last threshers reunion he ever attended.

Word reached the Mt. Pleasant Reunion on Saturday morning Sept.
7, that Milford had left us the evening before. Saturdays
attendance was a record breaker and one could not but reflect, as
we looked across the crowds, the contribution our departed friend
and fellow hobbyist had made. His engine was the first on the
grounds for the first Mt. Pleasant reunion. He was also active in
showing his collection at the Pontiac Show as well as holding ten
reunions of his own in the Rees School house grove. The last being
held in 1957. Failing health forced him to curtail his hobby
activities but he never lost his interest.

Purchasing his first engine as a hobby in 1945, it grew into a
sizeable collection, but was secondary to the friends he made
through it. Many a pleasant hour was spent around the fireplace in
his engine shed.

Milford was born in 1893 on Evergreen Farm where he spent his
entire life. He purchased his first engine, a 16 HP Advance in
1912.

He is survived by his wife, son Billy, daughter Margaret, and
one sister. The funeral services were held at his home with the
Reverand Glenn Garvin officiating. Masonic services were conducted
at the graveside. Burial was in Franklin cemetery.

Farm Collector Magazine
Farm Collector Magazine
Dedicated to the Preservation of Vintage Farm Equipment