Post Card

By Staff
1 / 10
Courtesy of R. F. Somerville, 12498 - 14th Avenue North, Haney, B.C., Canada An 1885 8 H.P. Case steam tractor at the Pioneer Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada, August 1966.
2 / 10
Courtesy of Mr. John Neagley, 202 Hoffman Road, Rossford, Ohio 43460 Here is David Kemler's Advance and John Limmers Russell-20 hp. Engine no. 16954. Both are on the incline at the NTA reunion in Wauseon, Ohio 1965.
3 / 10
Courtesy of Mr. John Neagley, 202 Hoffman Road, Rossford, Ohio 43460 Here are some of the engineers who attended the 1965 National Threshers Reunion at Waseon Ohio. From left to right are Frank McGuffin, Raymond Fork, John Limmer, Donald Bostdorf, and Mik
4 / 10
Courtesy of Robert Culshaw, Advertising Division, Caterpillar Tractor Co., Peoria, Illinois 61611 The third Holt track-type Tractor. First production model built in 1906 and sold to Golden Meadows Development Corp., La., in 1907 where it worked for many y
5 / 10
Courtesy of Robert Culshaw, Advertising Division, Caterpillar Tractor Co., Peoria, Illinois 61611 Engineer and fireman on Holt freighting model fitted with headlight.
6 / 10
Courtesy of R. F. Somerville, 12498 - 14th Avenue North, Haney, B.C., Canada This is a 1920 Canadian 14-28 H.P. at the Western Canadian Pioneer Museum at Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada.
7 / 10
Courtesy of D. E. Rutter, 35 Newlands Lane, Chichester, Sussex, England McLaren No. 1160 8 H.P. New 1912 ''The Favourite'' Lent to Brussels Exhibition in 1912 by the. makers where it won a gold medal. Bought on its return by the Mucheldever Threshing Cont
8 / 10
Courtesy of R. F. Somerville, 12498 - 14th Avenue North, Haney, B.C., Canada This is a steam cement mixer taken in August 1966 at Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada.
9 / 10
Courtesy of D. E. Rutter, 35 Newlands Lane, Chichester, Sussex, England Wallis & Steevens Traction Engine No. 7115 ''Boxer's Beauty'' Built in 1910. Owned by R. G. Old of Romsey.
10 / 10
Courtesy of R. F. Somerville, 12498 - 14th Avenue North, Haney, B.C., Canada This is a Case portable steam engine at the Wetaskiwin Museum, Alberta, Canada, taken in August 1966.

There is substantial difference between this and previous Holt
Models. The firebox has been moved to the front and the power
mechanism to the rear of the machine. The jack-shaft has been
raised from its former position on the main frame. The power train
may be traced through the flywheels, clutches, sleeve-mounted
pinions, jackshaft gears, jackshaft sprocket, axle sprockets,
driving sprockets and tracks. The latter are made of wood, with
steel trouser plates on their surface.

Next
>>

Farm Collector Magazine
Farm Collector Magazine
Dedicated to the Preservation of Vintage Farm Equipment