This is a 1913 Waterloo 20-33 serial #1380. It left the Waterloo
Manufacturing and Engine works plant in Waterloo, Ontario on
September 11, 1913 and was purchased new by William Cober of RR #3,
It was a special order having a larger than usual 2′ 3 ball
Gardner governor and did custom threshing in the Listowel and
Moorefield areas for many years.
It is equipped with the 72′ contractor’s rear wheels.
The boiler was x-ray tested and reflued in 1979.
It won the Johnston & Holt Trophy for best restored steam
engine at the 1975 Milton Steam Era Show, Ontario’s largest
steam and gas show. (The trophy is pictured on the exhaust pipe in
front of the steam cylinder in the close-up picture).
The engine is owned by Jim, Dale and Delby Bucknall of Bucknall
Farms Ltd., Campden, Ontario, Canada.